Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Social Bookmarking + Backups

I, like many, have embraced social bookmarking as the future of links. They are far more flexible than old school bookmarks as they can be given contextual information, a description as well as made accessible to the public via the WWWeb.

I do have a little hesitancy to go completely resident bookmark-less, so I have decided to duplicate my social bookmarks in numerous locations.

One idea is multiple posting to more than one social bookmark client.

Another is to import your del.icio.us bookmarks into Furl (or numerous other programs... just google it motherfuckers).

I am currently posting to Spurl.net, and I am using the option to post these bookmarks to del.icio.us. I find this works just as well (or faster) than the normal post to del.icio.us bookmarklet, but I am creating them in simultenaity on two separate domains.



Perhaps the future is in the multi-hit-posting combo of twenty clients at once... but I doubt it... perhaps I should check myself first.

Categories: , , ,

No comments: