Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Yahoo Offers Business Homepages to every small business in the US

Yahoo! Search blog: Got 5 Minutes? We'll Give You The Web...

Fucking beautiful marketing idea... suck them in with the allure of free business lisitngs... make some money off of them with focused ads and then entice them with additional features and services for a fee (since they are obviously lacking the skills or knowledge to do this on their own).

Perhaps they will even become Yahoo!philes... making My Yahoo! their own and integration with their upcoming 360 degree business page... Damn, I can see the potential... Just like the dealer offering a freebie, just to get them addicted.

Here is the sign-up page. I would sign-up for one... but that would be abusing the generosity of Yahoo! I doubt that they are doing this just as a way to make a quick buck

I wonder if the business pages will have focused ads that promote competitors?

No comments: