Monday, April 11, 2005

DAMN YOU KATAMARI DAMACY!!!!

Well... I bought myself a copy of Katamari Damacy online last week... saved myself a few bucks for tax... well... after spending about 8 hours playing it this weekend, I am doomed.

I lay awake in bed last night thinking of the motions to move my ball to pick up more damned things... more buildings and skyscrapers and such.

This morning at work, the music played over and over in my head from the "make the moon" stage... I just kept on whistling it over and over in my sad little cubicle.

I am going to keep away for a couple of days so that it does not drive me mad.

How can a game have such beautiful and fun music coupled with awesome controls and fantastic, creative design?

It reminds me of games that created a story with little backstory... things like the Legend of Zelda, Actraiser, Crash Bandicoot II, or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night... Games that you want to play because of the immersive experience that they create... a simple mythology that is intuitive, yet built upon in subtle layers unbeknownst to you as you are playing... sucking in the fun. An eloquent narrative of visions and the design nuances that make a new world.

A good game is kick-ass... but it haunts you after playing it.



Pick up the cows!!! Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun game, dude.