Thursday, March 17, 2005

To sleep... perchance to dream.

Sleeping has always seemed like a waste of time to me. I have had the opportunity to be up at all hours... and an additional 5-8 hours in a day can alleviate stress and allow you to do the things you always desired.

Perhaps I should spend more of my waking hours actively participating in life and not battling the plague of sleep. Perhaps I would sleep better as well.

I find that I lie in bed, when awakened from my slumber, thinking about how I cannot think too much or I will never fall asleep. Perhaps I should just get up and give-up after being awakened... how bad is being sleepy if you do not focus on trying to get back to sleep?

To dream... sometimes the images in my dreams irritate me. They are obviously remnants of the subconscious playing with each other... toying in the confines of my skull. I wish that they would be less abstract at times... I try to control them, but that just becomes boring (or the little mind me trying to just stay asleep and stop realizing that I am sleeping and not interfere with the creatures that live in the land of dreams).

My title is not very fitting. I am still looking at my fingers (perhaps through them would be a more apt description...). Looking at the keys instead of my words will not keep me from committing typographical errors. Not that I really care (intent is much more important than silly errors), but I would like to become a more prficient typist. Perhaps I should get a keyboard that is meant for speed... learn something that is the antithesis of the QWERTY style... I should eschew tradition and go for something completely different.

Or perhaps I will continue to hammer away on these keys... The keyboard is rather attractive...

To sleep... the chance to regenerate; for my neurons to fix in place the thoughts and events that have occured in the course of my day... I will be sure to remember that nap (then again, probably not).

No comments: