Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Your year is about to get just a tad longer...


Those who ask for just a bit more time are in luck... the year 2005 is about to get a little longer. Of course, the powers that be did not deem it important enough to give us an extra half-hour to sleep in--only a measly second will be added to the year of our Lord 2005.

Take Your Time: Extra Second Will be Added to 2005.
via DIGG

Makes me think of that damned song by the Steve Miller Band: Fly Like an Eagle... "time keeps on tickin' tickin' tickin'... into the future."

God I hate that song... I even had to Google it to find out who it was by just to exorcise it from my soul...

I am glad that scientists and international bodies are on top of the changes in the rotation of our planet. I often worry if my time is arbitrary (as are most things... such as months). Fortunately, time is actually based upon the rotation of the Earth.

My skepticism of internationally regulated events was shaken momentarily... but I am back to my chronic cynicism.

Categories: , ,

No comments: